Roof Repair | Roof Replacement
Various types of residential roofing materials exist on the market and all of them require different maintenance and roof repair plans. For the Denver, Co area, asphalt shingles are most common. One thing to note is that although the part we see is the shingle, there are numerous other components to a good roof and it starts below the shingles. Expert Exteriors Denver, CO has the knowledge and experience to help you with any roof repair project.
Let’s break down the components of a well built roof:
- Felt Paper (Underlayment) – This is one of the most important components and requires proper installation. Making sure to follow manufacturer’s installation guidelines is equally as crucial. This prevents water from penetrating the substrate and also guarantees the manufacturer will warranty the product if failure occurs.
- Ventilation – A roofing system needs proper ventilation to keep the system from failing and falling apart. Proper airflow is required to prevent overheating.The attic should have the correct amount of “intake” and “exhaust” air flow. This is pertinent to keeping the ambient temperatures and outside humidity equal to the inside attic air.
- Flashing – Roofing systems are designed around the unique style of the roof and the penetrations the roof system has.Many roofs have chimneys,side-wall intersections, head-wall intersections, skylights, pipes, and other things that require proper flashing. Flashing is a main cause for why roofs either fail or withstand the test of mother nature.
- Shingle Roof Cladding- Fiberglass shingles include a base layer of glass fiber reinforcing mat. This specific mat is coated with asphalt which contains mineral fillers and makes the fiberglass shingles waterproof. After which, embedded stoe granules give the shingle color and depth.
What Can Cause A Roof To Leak
Roof leaks are caused by numerous factors from hail damage to sun damaged shingles. However, 90% of all roof leaks are caused by improper installation or defective metal flashing. The actual roofing product rarely fails. This is why having a expert roofing repair contractor makes the difference in a long standing roof. Flashing is found near any roof penetration such as chimney areas, step, apron and valley areas where roof angles join together, During a roof repair, one must also look for any all other roof damage that lead to additional concerns, If leaks and other damages are not addressed, the home’s structure will be weakened since the building frame will be exposed to dampness.
Contact The Experts Today!
Quality Roofing Services
Your roof serves as the critical barrier that shields your home from the weather extremes of hail, rain, wind, snow, ice, cold and sun that we experience along the Front Range. At Expert Exteriors, our priority is making sure your entire roofing system is working together to provide this essential protection from the elements. From roof deck to ridge vent, gutters to chimney top, we make sure your roof and its components are functioning properly. We provide exceptional installation and use the best products in the industry. When it comes to the roof that protects your family – there are no corners worth cutting.
Roof Certification Program
Expert Exteriors offers a two-year and a five-Year Roof Certification Program for real estate and insurance agents specially designed to save industry professionals time and money.
Services provided during inspection include:
- Roof system
- Quality of shingles (storm damage check)
- Proper installation of all roof accessories (vents, flashing, water barriers, felt)
- Soft spot detection (decks)
- Gutters and downspouts (proper installation and storm damage check)
- Proper installation of drip edge metal on eaves
- Sealed nail holes
- Verification that roof meets city codes
It’s a good idea to inspect the roof several times during the year, especially in Winter and Spring, and then clear it off as needed. All of the leaves don’t fall at the same time, so one cleaning may not be enough. Many types of roofs can be damaged by inexperienced people walking on them or working from them, and there is the danger of slipping or falling. If roof damage occurs, you are much more likely to develop a leak, so make sure it is an experienced person on your roof.
It is very important that individuals check their roof for needed repairs regularly. Most opt for spring because of the fair weather and due to the fact that spring storms and heavy rains make you think more about your roofs integrity! Our fair weather in the Denver area provides year round opportunities for you to replace or repair your roof, so don’t wait for the problem to cause any damage. Call us, The Denver Colorado Area’s #1 Residential Roofing Company, for a free analysis and estimate on repair or replacement.
Roof Maintenance Program (RMP)
Save on your personal property repair expenses and businesses overhead.
Preventative care is the smartest option for your body and for your roof! When everything is working fine, we tend to take things for granted. The same is true for your home or business building roof system. Ignoring this critical component of a healthy building can result in premature roof failure and invasive water disrupting people, damaging equipment, destroying inventory and slashing productivity.
A Roof Maintenance Program provides business owners with a proactive maintenance strategy as opposed to more expensive damage and replacement expenses. An RMP from Expert Exteriors is the perfect solution for reducing expenses and increasing profitability. Find money in your roof instead of spending money on it!
“Minor damage” or wear and tear on the roof, can quickly turn into costly expenses.
For example, a one inch hole or split in the roof that allows the roof to become defective can produce the following damages:
- Roof Insulation/Substrate
- Electrical Systems
- Ceiling Tiles/Drywall/Flooring
- Home/Office Equipment/Furnishings
- Personal Possessions
- Scheduled bi-annual detailed visual roof and structural 50 point inspection
- Written and photo journal documentation of roof conditions
- Detailed roof and component maps including: Vents, Flashing, Skylights, Penetrations
- Complete maintenance history archived for ongoing property management
- 24hour emergency repair services
- Identifies minor problems before severe damage occurs
- Protects building owner’s investment
- Increases roof service life by as much as 50%
- Reduces out of pocket expenses
- Maximizes roofing budgets
- Validates roof material warranty
- Increases property value
- Creates a planned and organized system for roof management
- Established responsible, timely preparation of long-term capital expenditures
- Each plan custom tailored to every roof
Reasons to think about an RMP:
- Over 80% of roofs are replaced prematurely
- 9 out of 10 roofs are installed incorrectly
- 2/3s of roof failures result from improper installation
- The average building owner will spends over $127,500 on roofing in their lifetime
- RMPs can reduce lifetime roofing expenses by 50%
- Roofing materials have tripled in the past 3 years
- The average cost of a new commercial roof is $40,000 (10,000 sq. ft. average)
- Repairs, maintenance and restoration saves thousands of dollars over roof replacement
- RMPs are tax deductible
- RMPs typically cost 1% to 3% per year of total estimated replacement costs (dependent on RMP coverage)
- RMPs can save up to 50% over the life of a 30-year roof compared to replacing a roof every 1 15-20 years
- Most manufacturer’s warranties REQUIRE PLANNED ROOF MAINTENANCE to remain valid
- 29% of roof leaks are caused by heating and cooling systems
- 25% of roof leaks are caused by roofing membrane penetrations (vents, skylights, plumbing pipes)
- Less than 1% of roof failure is caused by defective roofing materials (poor installation, severe weather and lack of maintenance are typical culprits)
Industry Leading Denver Colorado Roofing Contractor
Longmont Roofing Contractor | Littleton Roofing Contractor | Lakewood Roofing Contractor | Louisville Roofing Contractor | Northglenn Roofing Contractor | Thornton Roofing Contractor | Parker Roofing Contractor | Highlands Ranch Roofing Contractor | Golden Roofing Contractor | Broomfield Roofing Contractor | Aurora Roofing Contractor | Centennial Roofing Contractor | Commerce City Roofing Contractor | Englewood Roofing Contractor | Denver Roofing Contractor | Arvada Roofing Contractor