Denver Roofing Insurance Claims
Tips On Working With Your Insurance Company
Expert Exteriors roofing experts has been working with Insurance companies in Denver, CO for well over a decade. We know what they need to process a claim most efficiently and properly.
Here are a few tips for you to follow when working with your Insurance Company:
- To schedule a free on-site inspection to determine if damage was incurred.
- If damage has been verified, you should contact your agent to request an inspection.
- Your agent can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.
- Your insurance company will usually require receipts for any emergency repairs you have done in order to reimburse you correctly.
- We suggest that you take pictures of the damage prior to any repairs.
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- Once the inspection is complete, you will receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage and the funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.
- Expert Exteriors roofing experts offers free insurance claims assistance.
Contact The Experts Today!
The insurance company’s role is to assess damages to your property that are related to the current claim filed, and to pay for any and all repairs as outlined in your policy. Only the insurance company or a licensed insurance claims adjuster can interpret policy. While a contractor can make suggestions to what is or is not damaged the contractor should not attempt to determine coverage.
The contractor is responsible to do the following: determine the scope of damage to the property; upon request, provide an estimate of repairs to you the homeowner and the insurance company; obtain all required permits and approvals in order to perform the work; conduct all repairs necessary in order to correct the damage in question; perform the repair work according to local building codes and requirements; provide all materials and labor necessary to perform the work; invoice the insurance company for the work done; collect all applicable insurance proceeds from you, the homeowner.
- After damage has been verified, contact your agent.
- You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or mail.
- An adjuster will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
- The claims adjuster should provide you with an itemized explanation on your claim settlement including your deductible amount and depreciation.
- Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs are actually completed. In these cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.
NOTE: All carriers have their own method of processing claims. This is just a general guideline.
There may be instances where the contractor’s estimate and the insurance estimate for repairs differ based on the actual scope of work and/or the cost of a particular item. In this case, it is the contractor’s obligation to present the differences to the insurance company with documentation supporting the contractor’s position as to why the insurance estimate should be altered. If the contractor’s position can be supported, in most cases, the insurance company will come to an agreement and make changes as needed. The process for reconciling the contractor and the insurance company on these differences is called supplementing. As you can see, it is important to have a contractor who can perform all facets of the work properly—on the construction side as well as on the insurance side.
Industry Leading Denver Colorado Roofing Contractor
Longmont Roofing Contractor | Littleton Roofing Contractor | Lakewood Roofing Contractor | Louisville Roofing Contractor | Northglenn Roofing Contractor | Thornton Roofing Contractor | Parker Roofing Contractor | Highlands Ranch Roofing Contractor | Golden Roofing Contractor | Broomfield Roofing Contractor | Aurora Roofing Contractor | Centennial Roofing Contractor | Commerce City Roofing Contractor | Englewood Roofing Contractor | Denver Roofing Contractor | Arvada Roofing Contractor